Saturday, October 25, 2008

L-O-S-E-R

That's what I feel like this morning. It's 6:30 a.m. and Izaac is getting ready to meet up with Stef and many, many other riders for RTC organized bike ride.

I am laying in bed...WIDE awake!

I decided that 50 miles was too long for me to ride today (still haven't made it past 35 miles and that was forever ago) and $50 was too much to spend to ride my bike.

Now I am second guessing myself.

Ughhh...

I still continue to do as little as I can. I am managing to do 1 long run of 7+ miles on the weekend and then ABSOLUTELY nothing. Nada. During the week. It's just too freakig dark all the time that I am not working and it makes me very, very sleepy.

Such is life :-)

6 comments:

Stef0115 said...

7+ miles is nothing to sneeze at. Try not to feel too bad about this. It's the off season. I, for one, find it very hard to get motivated unless there is a race or something hanging over my head.

Which is why for the next two weeks I am extremely motivated. As will you be soon again. :-)

Formulaic said...

Don't worry about lack of working out.

You'll find the thing that motivates you and you'll be on fire.

Take a look around and see what events interest you. Biking, running, darts?

Take a look around and I know you'll find something.

Calyx Meredith said...

You are so NOT a loser - ever! And also? I'm in the same boat about trying to figure out how to workout when it's cold and dark. (I don't even have the excuse of an away-from-the house job keeping me from it!) Clearly I have no advice, but does it help to know someone else is in the same boat?

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girl, and be kind to yourself - you are not a loser!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

You know, I wouldn't pay $50 for a 50 mile bike ride either. Seems pretty steep!

I recall you saying you were taking a break from tris. Maybe set some other goals, though? Some people use their off season to build strength, work on their weakest sport, or do something totally different. Doesn't have to be a break from everything.

But running 7 miles is still quite respectable!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I'm hoping Daylight Savings kicks my butt outta bed too!! It's tough. Hang in there! Why force it?!?