This was taken just a day before I went to the hospital.
Passed out baby
Finally get to hold him
My beautiful niece
Since I am still not allowed to exercise, I still have nothing left to post about except Kian :-) which is not a bad topic on my opinion!
I can't believe our little guy is going to be three weeks old tomorrow. He was not suppose to be born till this Sunday, yet I can't imagine him not being here. It has been a great three weeks, tiring, but great.
A quick run down of the events leading up to his birth...
- I went back to the doctor Tue and my BP was still high and the results from the 24 hour pee test came back with protein = pre-eclampsia (basically my body was no longer dealing with being pregnant)
- The doctor came in and told us I was being admitted into the hospital for the duration of the pregnancy for mine & baby's safety. We could go home and get ready, then head to the hospital.
- On Wed, the did an amnio to check his lung maturity, I also still needed to get the cerclage out. They drugged me and I dont remember a thing. I actually wanted to see the amnio so I was a little dissapointed, but oh well.
- Late that night, the test came back that said his lungs were mature which meant he could be delivered. This is the best option with this condition because things could deteriorate quickly.
- My doc showed up bright and early Thur morning to discuss options for the birth. We decided since I was only at 36 1/2 weeks, that a C-section would probably be the best option. We could try being induced but it would probably end in a C-section anyways. The doc said how about noon today! Sign me up!!!
- The surgery was fast and easy for me (again due to the glorious drugs they give you) and in no time he was out. A perfect 6 lb 3 oz little boy.
- The weirdest thing for me is the fact that I have no idea what labor is like. I missed all those steps, but I don't regret the decision.
- I behaved like a good girl and we got to come home on Saturday.
- The second best part (other than having a beautiful baby) is we get to go cheer the new daddy on during CDA :-) on Father's Day!
- He is also growing like a weed and LOVES to eat! He has already gained about 2 lbs from his birth weight! It amazes me that this is the size he would have been if we went to term. He seems huge :-)
The next poat will be about CDA!!