Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Everything is A-OK

Just a quick update.

The procedure (cerclage) was fine on Monday. No complications other than getting very nauseous and puking from having the spinal anaesthesia. I had a few moments of panic in the OR once it was administered. I firmly believed at that point in time that I would never be able to get this injection again, therefore I was going to have to have the baby naturally. I almost cried at that thought :-). (For the record, I have NEVER thought of having the baby without pain meds & and epidural) I manged to breathe deeply for awhile and get the panic to subside, the remainder of the procedure was fine. The baby was so active all day. This was the most I had felt him move and kick. He apparently didn't like the disruption to his home :-)

Then they moved me from the OR table to the hospital bed and starting pushing me. I lost my cookies then. Well, except I hadn't eaten for 14 hours, but you get the point. Note to self: ask for anit-nausea meds when they do the injection for the epidural.

It is very surreal to not be able to feel or move your legs, and to have other people move them for you while watching! It gave me the creeps to have anyone touch them for hours!

I was finally able to stand & walk with assistance after about 4 hours and thankfully sent home.

Since then I have been laying around taking it easy and will continue this till NEXT thursday when I have my checkup. I should be able to return to work then.

I loved all your comments and needed them. Thank you friends!!!


SWTrigal said...

Good news Kelly-keep that baby a cookin!

Stef said...

Soooo glad the procedure went well, I thought about you a lot on Monday.

Rest up girl! :-)

Calyx Meredith said...

So glad to hear all went well! You have been in my thoughts and prayers!

ShirleyPerly said...

Wonderful to hear you are all doing fine!

It's been a loooong time since I've had any reason to have an anesthetic but the one thing I do remember was that I got nauseous afterwards too. I also was freaking because it was supposed to be a general anesthetic and I was still subconscious (or so I thought) but couldn't say anything. But I didn't feel any pain either so perhaps it worked as it was supposed to. Very strange.

Anyway, hope you relax and enjoy your week off!

RBR said...

I am very glad to hear that you and Baby Rowe are doing well after your procedure. I have to get anti-nausea meds for any anesthesia too.

Take care and take it easy!

under my own steam said...

Glad the procedure went well. Still sending good mojo. Take care and get some good rest.